Bananas Foster Biscuit Shortcakes
Try this shortcut version of a dessert favorite, with biscuits standing in for the usual shortcake (and jazzed up with extra coconut).
- 1/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon light rum (or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract and 2 1/2 teaspoons water)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix coconut and granulated sugar.
- Dip tops and sides of biscuits into melted butter, then into coconut mixture.
On ungreased large cookie sheet, place biscuits, coconut sides up, 2 inches apart.
Sprinkle any remaining coconut mixture over tops of biscuits.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until biscuits and coconut are light golden brown. Cool
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat; stir
in 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook until brown sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; fold in bananas and rum.
- In medium bowl, beat whipped topping ingredients with electric mixer on high
speed until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, split warm biscuits. Fill and top with filling and whipped topping.
Prep time 40 Min | Total time 40 Min | Servings 8
Add some crunch to the shortcake by sprinkling the whipped topping with toasted
Add an extra 1 tablespoon rum to bananas for more flavor.
Nutrition information: 1 Serving Calories540 ( Calories from Fat260), Total
Fat29g (Saturated Fat17g, Trans Fat3 1/2g ), Cholesterol60mg Sodium700mg Total Carbohydrate64g
(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars37g ), Protein5g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A15%; Vitamin C4%; Calcium6%; Iron10%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0
Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat;
6 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 4
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.