- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 cup cream or 1/2 cup milk plus 1/4
cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix ingredients with fork. Beat vigorously 20 strokes. Knead 8 to 10 times on
lightly floured cloth-covered board. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with floured
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet about 10 minutes.
- To serve, split shortcakes crosswise while warm. Spread with butter, if desired.
Spoon sweetened fruit between layers and over top.
- Serve with cream, sweetened whipped cream or commercial sour cream.
Yield: 6 shortcakes
For a large shortcake, spread the dough in an ungreased 8 x 1 1/2-inch round
layer pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve as above.
Source: The Bisquick Cookbook - 1964Source: The Bisquick Cookbook - 1964