Caramelized Banana Shortcakes
Add a sugar-and-spice spin to shortcakes. Spoon on bananas in a rich buttery-brown sugar sauce. Then top it all off with fudge sauce.
- 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 medium bananas (2 3/4 pounds), peeled, diagonally cut into1/2-inch slices (4 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and the cinnamon
until well blended. Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons melted butter until soft dough
forms. Drop by 6 heaping spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir
in 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until dissolved.
Add bananas to pan; coat with caramel mixture. Stir in ground cinnamon; remove from
- To serve, split warm shortcakes; fill with warm banana filling. Drizzle each
with 2 tablespoons hot fudge topping.
Prep time 10 Min | Total time 30 Min | Servings 6
Make sure the bananas aren’t too ripe, so they don’t get too soft after cooking.
Use another spice, such as nutmeg or allspice, for the cinnamon in the shortcakes.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Servings) Calories 630 (Calories from
Fat 250), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 2 1/2g), Cholesterol 50mg;
Sodium 840mg; Total Carbohydrate 88g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 41g), Protein 7g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 8.00%; Calcium 10.00%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 5 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 6
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Betty Crocker/General Mills
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.