Dark Cherry Shortcakes Jubilee
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can pitted dark sweet Bing cherries in syrup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cognac, brandy, or dark rum, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pint cherry vanilla ice cream
- 6 store bought shortcakes
- Toasted sliced or slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cherries and their syrup to a boil over medium
heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the cherries are heated through,
about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cognac with the cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch
is dissolved. Add the mixture to the cherries. Return to a simmer and cook, stirring,
until lightly thickened.
- Transfer the cherries to a serving bowl and stir in the cinnamon, if desired.
- Place 1 shortcake on each serving plate, top with a scoop of ice cream, and spoon
some of the warm sauce over each serving. Garnish with toasted almonds, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.