Days Gone By Peach Shortcake
This is a beautiful presentation, and it's delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- Sliced, sweetened peaches (use fresh or frozen peaches)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Sift first 3 ingredients together.
- Put melted better and egg in a 1-cup measuring cup, then finish filling
to 1 cup with milk. Add to flour mixture and beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool.
- Split in half and put peaches between and on top of shortcake.
- Serve with ice cream and/or Cool Whip.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.