Marshmallow Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages completely thawed frozen strawberries
- 3 ounces strawberry flavored gelatin
- Put cake mix, eggs and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low to
moisten the mixture. Once it is moistened, turn the mixer up to medium high and
beat for 3 minutes. The batter will be very smooth and light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine strawberries and gelatin. Mix this up really well.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with Pam Cooking Spray and then put 1 cup of miniature
marshmallows and sprinkle them along the bottom of the pan. (You can use more to
cover the pan if you wish.)
- Spread the cake batter evenly over the marshmallows. You should be able to smooth
out the batter without disturbing the marshmallows. The strawberry mixture goes
on last. Do smooth it out gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.