Raspberry Angel Food Shortcakes
1 box angel food cake mix
24 paper baking cups
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
2 cups fresh raspberries
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Place the paper baking cups
in muffin pans. Pour the angel food batter into the baking cups until three-quarters
- Bake according to package directions or until golden brown.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- When cool, remove the paper
cups. Cut each cupcake in half. Spread the bottom half with preserves, and put the
other half back on top. Place the fresh raspberries on top of the cupcakes, and
dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 12 servings