7-Up Lemon Cheesecake with Strawberry Glaze
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 7-Up, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small box lemon pudding and pie filling (not instant)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
- Fresh whole strawberries
- Crust: Combine well the Graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon
and melted butter. Press onto bottom and part way up sides of buttered 9-inch springform
- 7-Up Filling: Soften unflavored gelatine in 1/4 cup 7-Up for 4 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine pie filling, sugar, beaten eggs and water. Blend well.
Add 1 1/4 cups 7-Up and bring just to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly;
remove from heat. Stir in softened gelatine; cool 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of this warm mixture to softened cream cheese; mash together. Mix
together with remaining 7-Up mixture and stir until well blended. Turn into chilled
crust and chill for at least 8 hours. Remove from pan and add Strawberry Glaze.
- Strawberry Glaze: Brush top of chilled cheesecake with melted jelly. Arrange
strawberries upright on cake and spoon any remaining melted jelly over them.