Lemon 7-Up Pound Cake
This Lemon 7-Up Pound Cake is very buttery! You can add a glaze if you would
like, but it doesn't need any.
Use our PAN RELEASE for greasing and flouring the pan.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup 7-Up or other lemon-lime soda
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients except soda in a large mixer bowl; beat at medium
speed until light and fluffy, scraping sides occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; add dry ingredients and soda, beginning and ending with
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, remove pan and cool completely.
Makes 16 servings.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / paulista