Coca-Cola Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups raw carrots, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Mix all the dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs well; add sugar, oil, Coca-Cola
and vanilla extract and beat well. Stir in the dry ingredients until smooth, then
add the carrots, nuts and coconut. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased and lightly floured 13 x 9-inch pan in a preheated 350 degrees
F oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and prick hot cake all over with a fork, then pour the Coca-Cola
Syrup slowly and evenly over the top. Serve warm or room temperature with lightly
sweetened-vanilla flavored whipped cream.
- Coca-Cola Syrup: Combine sugar, cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter and corn syrup in a
saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring,
until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract. Remove from heat and immediately pour over hot cake.