Coca-Cola Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups raw carrots, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Mix all the dry ingredients together. Beat the eggs well; add sugar, oil, Coca-Cola
and vanilla extract and beat well. Stir in the dry ingredients until smooth, then
add the carrots, nuts and coconut. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased and lightly floured 13 x 9-inch pan in a preheated 350 degrees
F oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and prick hot cake all over with a fork, then pour the Coca-Cola
Syrup slowly and evenly over the top. Serve warm or room temperature with lightly
sweetened-vanilla flavored whipped cream.
- Coca-Cola Syrup: Combine sugar, cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter and corn syrup in a
saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring,
until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract. Remove from heat and immediately pour over hot cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.