Dr Pepper Cherry Marshmallow Cake
This is a self-icing cake.
- 2 cans dark sweet cherries, pitted and drained, syrup reserved
- 3/4 cup reserved
- 1/4 cup Dr Pepper (not diet)
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce)
box cherry gelatin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Dr Pepper (not diet)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Arrange cherries evenly on bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Heat oven to
350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherry syrup, 1 box cherry gelatin and 1/4 cup
Dr Pepper; gently heat until gelatin is dissolved. Add almond extract and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, 1 box cherry gelatin, oil, eggs
and 3/4 cup Dr Pepper. Beat at high speed of an electric mixer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Pour cooled gelatin mixture over cherries in pan. Sprinkle evenly with the miniature
marshmallows and then carefully and evenly spoon the batter mix over the marshmallows.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 45 minutes.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
Yield: 16 servings