Orange Crush Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup Orange Crush
or other carbonated orange drink
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flavoring
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating
well after each addition.
- In a second bowl, sift flour and salt together. Add dry ingredients to butter
mixture, alternately with orange drink. Add flavorings.
- Pour batter into tube pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake is
- Cool cake in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cake cool completely
on wire rack. Frost cake with icing.
- Icing: Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer, gradually add sugar. Add flavoring
and combine well.
Note: Some cooks prefer the softer crust of a pound cake baked in an oven that
is not preheated. If oven is not preheated, the baking time may vary slightly.