Orange Crush Pound Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup Orange Crush or other carbonated orange drink
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange flavoring
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating
well after each addition.
- In a second bowl, sift flour and salt together. Add dry ingredients to butter
mixture, alternately with orange drink. Add flavorings.
- Pour batter into tube pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake is
- Cool cake in pan about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cake cool completely
on wire rack. Frost cake with icing.
- Icing: Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer, gradually add sugar. Add flavoring
and combine well.
Some cooks prefer the softer crust of a pound cake baked in an oven that
is not preheated. If oven is not preheated, the baking time may vary slightly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.