Orange Mountain Dew Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box coconut pudding mix (not instant)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) Mountain Dew drink (cold)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cake: Mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Add oil; mix well. Add one egg at
a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour in cold drink. Beat well for 2 or
3 minutes. Pour into three layer pans.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Topping: Mix sugar and cornstarch together. Add pineapple. Cook over medium heat
- Remove from heat. Add butter and coconut. Mix until butter is melted.
Spread between cake layers, on top and sides.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.