Orange Mountain Dew Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box coconut pudding mix (not instant)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) Mountain Dew drink (cold)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cake: Mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Add oil; mix well. Add one egg at
a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour in cold drink. Beat well for 2 or
3 minutes. Pour into three layer pans.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Topping: Mix sugar and cornstarch together. Add pineapple. Cook over medium heat
- Remove from heat. Add butter and coconut. Mix until butter is melted.
Spread between cake layers, on top and sides.