Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Kirsch or Triple Sec
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 1 (12 ounce) package frozen, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter and flour 8-inch round cake pan.
- Cake: Combine sugar, butter and almond paste in medium mixing bowl. Blend well.
- Beat in eggs, liqueur and almond extract.
- Add flour and baking powder, beating just until
mixed through. Do not over-beat.
- Bake until tester inserted in center of cakes comes
out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool.
- Invert onto serving platter and dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
- Raspberry Sauce: Omit sugar if using frozen raspberries.
- Combine fresh raspberries
with sugar. Blend to a puree. Press through fine sieve to remove seeds.
- Pour onto cake plates.
- Serve cake on top of sauce in square slices.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.