Amaretto Black Forest Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix or homemade chocolate cake
- 1 can Wilderness dark cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 envelope Knox gelatine
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups vodka
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Cake: If using homemade Amaretto Liqueur, make it one week before making the cake.
Otherwise, use purchased Amaretto for this cake.
- Bake cake as directed in round layer cake pans.
- Let set to cool and firm up.
- With a skewer or ice pick make holes in cakes and pour over Amaretto. Let stand
- Prepare cream mixture by combining cream, sugar, vanilla and almond flavor in
a large bowl; beat until softly whipped.
- Meanwhile in saucepan, mix gelatine with cold water and stir over low heat until
lukewarm and dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Beat into cream and whip until thick.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate, put half of cherry filling on top.
- Cover with other layer and put cherry filling in center of layer.
- Frost top and sides with cream mixture, spreading cream around top edge.
- Amaretto Liqueur: Cook sugars and water for five minutes.
- Add all together and put into liquor bottle.
- Store in cool, dark place. Use in one week. Cheaper than purchasing it.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.