- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Stir to blend, and add
egg yolks, amaretto, water and oil. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into three 8-inch cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Filling: Whisk cornstarch into amaretto until dissolved. Place over medium heat,
adding the marmalade. Heat until mixture is thick.
- Cool and spread between layers of cake.
- Frosting: Beat egg whites until stiff in a small bowl.
- Boil amaretto, water and sugar until mixture reached 242 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- With mixer running, drizzle the hot syrup into the egg whites. Continue beating until mixture holds
- Spread over top and sides of cake.
Makes 10 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.