Angel Food Cake with
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices commercial angel food cake
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring
constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in Amaretto and lemon juice; cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds and extract.
- Serve warm over angel food cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.