Apricot Rum Cake
- 1/4 cup dried apricot halves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden rum
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- Best made several days ahead. Flavor improves with standing.
- In small bowl combine dried apricots and 1/4 cup rum; leave for 20 minutes.
- In food processor, puree apricot halves and stir to the apricot-rum mixture.
- Beat butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Add flour, salt, and soda to the apricot mixture.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease well a 10-inch Turk's turban mold.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, loosen edges, invert and unmold
cake onto flame-proof plate with rim.
- In a small saucepan, heat apricot preserves, stir in 1/4 cup rum and brush apricot
glaze over cake every few minutes while it is cooling.
- In long-handled metal ladle,
warm remaining rum until vapors rise. Ignite and pour over cake. When flames subside,
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.