Bacardi Banana Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup Bacardi Dark Rum
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Bacardi Dark Rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Cake: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend well, then beat at medium speed,
2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is done. Test with wooden pick inserted in center.
- Cool completely and frost.
- Rum Frosting: Combine butter and sugar. Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in vanilla extract and rum. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.