Banana Rum Fudge Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup (2 or 3 medium) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant banana pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Combine cake mix, bananas, water, rum and eggs. Beat in bowl of electric mixer
at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- Prepare frosting. Spread evenly over cooled cake. Sprinkle with grated chocolate
and nuts. Store covered in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
- Frosting: In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine pudding mix, milk and
rum. Beat at medium speed until thick. Fold in whipped topping.
- Decorate with candied red or green cherries or anything you might desire.
Makes 12 servings.