Banana Rum Fudge Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Pillsbury Plus dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup (2 or 3 medium) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant banana pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, bananas, water, rum and eggs. Beat in bowl of electric mixer
at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- Prepare frosting. Spread evenly over cooled cake. Sprinkle with grated chocolate
and nuts. Store covered in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
- Frosting: In a large bowl of an electric mixer, combine pudding mix, milk and
rum. Beat at medium speed until thick. Fold in whipped topping.
- Decorate with candied red or green cherries or anything you might desire.
Makes 12 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.