Bananas Foster Crunch Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually
add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir
in mashed bananas, rum and vanilla extract.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; add to butter mixture, mixing
until blended. Pour into prepared tube pan; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and remaining ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for
55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool
in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely
on wire rack.
Yield: about 10 servings
Per Serving: 483 Calories; 18g Fat (33.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
74g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 335mg Sodium
Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 2 1/2 Other