Blackberry Brandy Cake
- 6 tablespoons black raspberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup blackberry brandy, hot
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 cups flour, unsifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sifted (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter well and lightly flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt
- Dissolve gelatin in hot brandy. Cool, then combine with sour cream.
- Cream together
butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time beating well after
- Mix in vanilla extract, lemon extract, almond extract and rum flavoring.
- Mix together
dry ingredients and add alternately with the cooled gelatin mix to the butter-sugar
mixture; beat well after each addition.
- Bake in prepared pan for about 75 minutes.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes; turn out and finish cooling on rack.
- Dust with sifted confectioners' sugar if desired.
Yield: 10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.