- 2 cups red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups light seedless raisins
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 5 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 cups pecans (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine cherries, raisins and bourbon. Cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain fruits; reserve bourbon. Cream butter and sugar together until
light. Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and pecans. Sift remaining 4 1/2 cups flour, nutmeg and
baking powder together. Add flour mixture and bourbon alternately to butter
mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold egg whites into flour mixture.
Fold soaked fruits and pecan-flour mixture into batter. Turn into greased 10-inch
tube pan lined with greased wax paper.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 4 1/2 hours. Cool.
- Remove from pan. Fill center with cheesecloth saturated with bourbon.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.