Bourbon Custard Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- Cake: Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, milk and 1/4 cup bourbon until blended
and smooth. Stir in almonds.
- Pour into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Remove cake; set on rack. Prepare glaze.
- Glaze: Heat 1/4 cup bourbon, butter and sugar until smooth. Brush glaze over
warm cake until all is absorbed into cake. Cool completely.
- To store: Cut cheesecloth to cover cake. Pour remaining 1/4 cup bourbon over
cheesecloth and saturate completely.
- Line airtight container with cheesecloth. Wrap cake in cloth.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator at least 3 days.
- Decorate with almond slices and pecan halves before serving.