Bourbon Custard Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- Cake: Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, milk and 1/4 cup bourbon until blended
and smooth. Stir in almonds.
- Pour into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Remove cake; set on rack. Prepare glaze.
- Glaze: Heat 1/4 cup bourbon, butter and sugar until smooth. Brush glaze over
warm cake until all is absorbed into cake. Cool completely.
- To store: Cut cheesecloth to cover cake. Pour remaining 1/4 cup bourbon over
cheesecloth and saturate completely.
- Line airtight container with cheesecloth. Wrap cake in cloth.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator at least 3 days.
- Decorate with almond slices and pecan halves before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.