Bourbon Pecan Cake
- 1 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound white raisins
- 1 pint bourbon
- 3/4 pound butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 eggs, divided
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Soak cherries and raisins in bourbon overnight.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Divide eggs and beat the whites. Add the yolks to the butter and sugar. Add raisins,
cherries and bourbon.
- Mix dry ingredients into flour, then stir into egg/sugar/fruit mixture, reserving
a little flour for coating pecans. Fold in egg whites. Add pecans, coated in a bit
- Makes five small loaves or one big cake.
- Bake at 325 degrees F in a water bath, covered, and steam for three hours.
- Let cool and brush with brandy.
- Wrap and allow to age for three or four weeks. Brush
with more brandy before giving away as gifts. Or, wrap in bourbon-soaked cheesecloth
before wrapping in foil.
Posted by Annette at recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.