Bourbon Pecan Cake
- 1 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound white raisins
- 1 pint bourbon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 eggs, divided
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Soak cherries and raisins in bourbon overnight.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Divide eggs and beat the whites. Add the yolks to the butter and sugar. Add raisins,
cherries and bourbon.
- Mix dry ingredients into flour, then stir into egg/sugar/fruit mixture, reserving
a little flour for coating pecans. Fold in egg whites. Add pecans, coated in a bit
- Makes five small loaves or one big cake.
- Bake at 325 degrees F in a water bath, covered, and steam for three hours.
cool and brush with brandy.
- Wrap and allow to age for three or four weeks. Brush
with more brandy before giving away as gifts. Or, wrap in bourbon-soaked cheesecloth
before wrapping in foil.
Posted by Annette at recipegoldmine.com.