Butter Rum Cheesecake
Vanilla Cookie Crust
- 11 vanilla sandwich cream cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Butter Rum Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon DARK rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla Cookie Crust: In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter until
well combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform
- Butter Rum Filling: In a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar, corn syrup,
butter, whipping cream and cornstarch. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in rum and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200 degrees F
and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
Makes 12 to 18 slices.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.