Chenin Blanc Wine Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup Chenin blanc or gewerztraminer, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grease a flute-shaped tube cake or Bundt pan, and preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put cake mix, eggs and oil in large bowl; mix just to combine the ingredients.
Heat 3/4 cup Chenin blanc just to boiling point. Dissolve lime gelatin in hot wine
and cool a few minutes.
- When cooled, add to the cake mixture and beat 3 to 4 minutes
on medium-high speed.
- Fill pan and bake 1 hour.
- While cake is baking, thaw frozen limeade and combine with remaining 1/4 cup
Chenin blanc and the sugar. As soon as the cake is out of the oven, poke a few holes
in the cake with a skewer, then spoon limeade mixture on top a little at a time.
Continue spooning periodically until all of it is used.
- Let the cake cool in the pan before removing. Serve right side up.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 starch, 3 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes