Cherry Bourbon Cake
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Cream butter with sugar; add eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add 1/3 cup
maraschino cherry juice drained from a 16 ounce jar of maraschino cherries.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, mace and salt. Add 1/2 cup bourbon
to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients. Fold in maraschino cherries
- Bake in greased and floured 10-inch tube pan at 325 degrees F for 1 hour
and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons bourbon over cake while still warm.
- Store tightly covered.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes