Chestnut Pound Cake
This pound cake, flavored with canned chestnut puree, is oven-ready in five minutes.
- Butter, for buttering pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweetened chestnut puree
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, almonds, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add
eggs and oil and beat well. Add chestnut puree and almond extract; beat until blended.
Pour batter into pan and bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean (about
1 1/4 hours).
- Remove cake from oven and slowly pour 1/2 cup brandy over top. Cool in pan 45
minutes, then carefully release sides of springform pan. Cake will be very moist.
Cool completely, then wrap in plastic film and store at room temperature for up
to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- To serve, slice and overlap slices on a platter.
Makes one 8-inch round cake | Serves 10.
Per serving: 421 calories; 14.1 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 30 percent calories
from fat); 60.1 g carbohydrates; 64 mg cholesterol; 169 mg sodium; 6.3 g protein;
2.4 g fiber
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes