Chocolate Chip Praline Celebration Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: In medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in brown
sugar, eggs, flour mixture, whiskey and water. Stir well after each addition. Pour
batter into greased 10-inch tube pan and sprinkle evenly with pecans and chocolate
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake is firm and wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out on wire rack with sheet of wax paper underneath rack. Cool for 2 hours.
- Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze: In medium bowl, mix melted butter, confectioners' sugar,
whiskey and vanilla. Drizzle over cake. Remove cake to serving plate; discard wax
paper and drippings.
Yield: 12 servings
Variation: Cake may be baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan at 325 degrees F for 50 to
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/13/2001 1:37 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes