Chocolate Zucchini Rum Cake
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/3 cup rum or brandy or water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter well and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cake: Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in zucchini
- Mix together flour, walnuts, chocolate, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon
and salt. Stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Invert and remove. Let cool.
- Rum Glaze: Mix together until smooth.