Gateaux au Rum (Rum Cakes)
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Buy or prepare angel food cake. Slice horizontally through middle of cake, the
make perpendicular slices 1 inch apart around cake, creating 1 x 1 x 2-inch wedges.
- To cooled butter add unbeaten egg white and rum and beat in enough sugar to make
mixture an easy spreading consistency. Spread mixture on all sides of cake wedge.
Roll immediately in pecans.
- May be prepared ahead 3 to 4 days.
- Store in refrigerator in airtight container.
Makes about 35 cakes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes