Godiva Hot Chocolate Cake
Godiva chocolate liqueur is rather expensive, so you may want to ask for the
small, 3-ounce bottle.
- Butter and granulated sugar to coat pan
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and generously coat an 8-inch soufflé dish with butter,
then dust with granulated sugar.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Stir in chocolate liqueur.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and whole eggs with an electric mixer set at
low speed. Pour chocolate-butter mixture into bowl while beating.
- In a medium bowl, sift the confectioners' sugar and flour together. Gradually
add this to the chocolate mixture. Mix at high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cake mixture into soufflé dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done with a wooden pick.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Morton's of Chicago, Phoenix, Arizona