- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup black walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add orange juice, apple butter and honey. Mix well.
- Add sifted dry
ingredients alternately with beer, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Add raisins and nuts which have been coated with flour.
- Pour batter into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top and sides with confectioners' sugar.