Hootenholler Whiskey Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 pound seedless raisins
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Cream butter with sugar; add beaten eggs.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to butter mixture. Add
- Next mix baking soda into molasses and add to batter.
- Stir in raisins, nuts and whiskey.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 2 hours at 275 degrees
- Let cool a few minutes.
- Turn out on cake rack to cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes