Irish Cream Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Gradually
add sugar at medium speed for 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until
the yellow has disappeared.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water, then stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending
with flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar and liqueur until a thick syrup is formed.
Drizzle over the cake and top with toasted almonds.