Jack Daniel's Chocolate Chip Praline Celebration Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Cake: Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 3-quart or larger saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat;
stir in brown sugar, eggs, flour mixture, whiskey and water stirring well after
each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and chocolate
- Bake about 1 hour 20 minutes or until center of cake is firm and edges begin
to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto wire rack
and cool completely. Drizzle with Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze glaze.
- Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze: Melt butter. Stir in confectioners' sugar, Jack
Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and vanilla extract. Blend well.
The cake may be baked in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan at 325 degrees
F for 50 to 55 minutes.
Per serving: 490 calories; 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat; 44 percent calories
from fat); 62 g carbohydrates; 91 mg cholesterol; 307 mg sodium; 4 g protein; 2
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes