Jack Daniels Fudge Cake
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry instant coffee
- Boiling water
- Cold water
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs (large or extra large)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 9-inch tube pan.
- Melt chocolate; set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together. Dissolve coffee in a bit of boiling water,
add cold water to equal 1 1/2 cups; add the Jack Daniels and set aside.
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Add melted chocolate.
- On low speed, add the flour alternating with the liquid mixture. It will be a
thin batter. Pour into pan and rotate to distribute batter evenly in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
Optional: drizzle with extra chocolate or make a mixture of powdered sugar, water
and 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels.
THIS IS VERY RICH!
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/21/01 8:32:26 am.
Source: Jack Daniels Cookbook