Kahlua Orange Nut Cake
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Nut Crust: Prepare and press along sides and bottom of a 10-inch tube pan.
- Batter: Combine the 1/4 cup Kahlua and cream.
- Combine orange peel and juice. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until blended. Stir in dry ingredients, alternately
with Kahlua and juice mixtures, beating only seconds until smooth. Turn into prepared
- Bake on rack below center of the oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and brush with the 2 tablespoons Kahlua over top
of cake and cool.
- Glaze: Mix ingredients together, tthen drizzle over top and let stand until set. Garnish.