Kahlua Swirl Cake
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mace (this spice makes the cake)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Kahlua
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- Grease and flour a 9-inch fluted tube pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Streusel Filling: Mix ingredients and set aside.
- Cake: Resift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and mace.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes
on medium speed (batter may appear curdled). On lowest speed, blend in flour alternately
with sour cream and Kahlua. Turn 1/3 batter into prepared pan. Cover with 1/2 Streusel
Filling, an additional 1/3 batter and remaining Streusel. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake on rack below oven center for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let stand 10 minutes.
- Invert on cake rack; cool until lukewarm (with pan on top).
- While cake is cooling, prepare Kahlua Glaze.
- Kahlua Glaze: Combine ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Remove pan and spoon glaze over top of lukewarm cake. Top with pecan halves if
Source: Kahlua Recipe Booklet
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.