Miracle Margarita Flan Cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange zest
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce) or caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1/2 cup gold tequila
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lime zest
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, Grand
Marnier and orange zest together. Set aside.
- Generously spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable-oil spray. Spread the cajeta
or caramel sauce in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions, substituting the 1/2
cup tequila for 1/2 cup of the required water, and adding lime zest. Fold coconut
into the cake batter. Pour the batter on top of the cajeta in the pan. Gradually
pour the milk mixture over the batter (the milk mixture will sink and the batter
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Unmold onto a serving plate. Let cool completely.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings
Per serving: Cal 366 (23% fat) Fat 9 g (5 g sat) Fiber trace Chol 58 mg Sodium
359 mg Carb 58 g Calcium 226 mg
Source: Viva Margarita