Oozing Chocolate Raspberry Cakes
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for dusting ramekins (divided)
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 24-40 fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 teaspoon Chambord (raspberry-flavor) liqueur
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter 8 small ramekins and sprinkle with sugar,
tapping out any excess. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat until
- Meanwhile, place the eggs, egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric
mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high until mixture is thick and
yellow, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Gently fold half of the melted butter and chocolate mixture
into the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in the remaining chocolate mixture
until fully incorporated and no dark streaks remain.
- Fold in the flour, and divide half the batter among the ramekins. Add 3 to 5
fresh raspberries and 1 teaspoon Chambord per ramekin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until edges are puffy and center is still slightly jiggly, about 11 to 13