Pineapple Rum Cake
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 cups coarsely cut canned or fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup rum
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 6-cup Bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until
well blended scraping bowl often. Then beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and rum. Add liquids and flour alternately
to batter, blending well after each addition. Gently stir in pineapple and coconut.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until cake begins to pull from the sides of the pan
and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and while still
in the pan, pour 1/4 cup rum over the cake and seal quickly with foil to prevent
- Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes, then turn out, invert and let
cool completely right side up.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes