Pineapple Rum Upside-Down Cake
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- Pecan halves
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or lemon extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In two 8 or 9-inch cake pans, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in each pan. Sprinkle
one-half brown sugar in each pan. Decoratively arrange pineapple slices in the bottom
of the pans. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. In
between the rings, place the pecan halves in a decorative manner.
- Combine the cake mix, juice, rum, oil, eggs, and extract. Beat with mixer for
2 minutes. Divide batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.