Poppy Seed Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a standard Bundt cake pan and flour lightly.
- For best results, first combine wet ingredients together in a large bowl and
mix, then add dry ingredients and beat 5 minutes. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, which is about one hour.
- Let cool completely in baking pan. The center of cake always drops slightly.
- Drizzle with a glaze of 1 heaping cup confectioners' sugar beaten with two
tablespoons of real butter, melted, and about one tablespoon rum.