Raspberry Fudge Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 1/4 cup cherry liqueur or maraschino cherry juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with cocoa;
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt 3 semisweet chocolate squares, 4 unsweetened chocolate squares, and the
3/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together sugar, 3/4 cup jam, cherry liqueur and eggs in a large bowl; whisk
in melted chocolate mixture and flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan, and cool cake completely on wire rack.
- If desired, wrap cake air tight, and store at room temperature until ready to
- To serve, melt remaining 1 semisweet chocolate square and 1 tablespoon butter
in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes
or until a good consistency for drizzling.
- Meanwhile, spread remaining 1/4 cup jam over top of cake. Slice cake, and place
on individual dessert plates. Drizzle chocolate glaze over slices. Garnish, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Southern Living brochure
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes