Raspberry Laced Vanilla Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix without pudding
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves, divided
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raspberry Schnapps liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare white cake mix according to box directions, saving the egg yolks for
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Prepare icing. At low speed of electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar
and margarine until blended. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. On medium
speed, gradually beat in egg yolks, raspberry liqueur and vanilla extract until
- Assemble the cake. With a serrated knife, cut each cake layer horizontally in
half. Place bottom half of one layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with 1/2
cup raspberry preserves. Top with top half of cake layer; spread with frosting.
Repeat layering, ending with frosting. Repeat layering, ending with cake layer.
With knife, spread remaining icing on sides and top of cake.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Yields 20 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes