Royal Raspberry Rum Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark 80 proof rum
- 1 package Baker's semisweet chocolate
- 1 small jar raspberry jam
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- Cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Sprinkle one cup pecans over bottom of greased and
floured 10-inch tube or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Mix yellow cake mix with instant pudding, eggs, cold water, oil and 1/2 cup dark
rum. Pour 1/3 of this mixture over nuts. Melt package of semi-sweet chocolate and
drizzle evenly over batter in pan. Pour another 1/3 batter over chocolate.
- Heat small jar of jam (to make it flow) and spoon over batter. Pour remaining
batter on top of jam.
- Bake one hour; cool, invert cake.
- Prick top of cake.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum. Drizzle and smooth glaze over
top and sides of cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes