Strawberry Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, halved
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Cake: Mix all together in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed, then
for 1 minute at low speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on cake rack for 20 minutes. Do not invert on a bottle to cool.
- Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients and bring to boil over medium heat. Simmer gently
for 3 minutes.
- Prick cake with a wooden pick or tines of a fork and slowly pour small amount of
glaze on cake.
- Arrange strawberry halves attractively on top of cake.
- Pour remaining glaze over strawberries and cake.
- Serve at once or refrigerate.