Tropical Pineapple Rum Cake
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 cups coarsely cut canned or fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup rum
- With an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract
until blended, scraping bowl often. Then beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and rum. Add liquids and flour alternately
to batter, blending well after each addition. Gently stir in pineapple and coconut.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven in 6-cup Bundt pan until cake begins to pull from
pan sides and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup rum over cake while still warm and seal quickly to prevent evaporation.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes, then turn out, invert and let cool completely
right side up.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spirited Cake Recipes